ADVANTAGES OF MAICARGO INCLUDE:
- The ability to calculate independently the premium and effect online insurance 24/7 without the involvement of an insurer/broker
- Significantly lower cost of insurance compared to individual policies, which provides the option of charging a margin
- Immediate access to a certificate to confirm the conclusion of insurance
- Automatic generation of periodical reports
- Individual logins for every employee
- Free-of-charge assistance in loss adjustment (also in the event of foreign losses)
CONVENIENT SOLUTIONS FACILITATE THE WORK OF FORWARDERS:
- Ability to apply for insurance after initiating transportation
- Providing insurance cover to cargo transportation without identifying the sum insured (the sum insured is supplemented within 30 days)
- The ability to adjust the sum insured after initiating transportation
- Additional liability limit in the event of the omission of consignments, in case of which the policyholder is instructed to forward them with the declared cargo insurance
- Inclusion of wilful misconduct and gross negligence
LIMITATIONS OF A CARRIER’S PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY POLICIES:
Applicable legislation and international conventions limit considerably the carrier’s liability for cargo damages. In no way can the cover provided by a carrier’s professional liability policy be more extensive than the carrier’s liability under applicable legal provisions.
Examples of limitations and exclusions:
- Weight limitations – pertaining to the CMR Convention, a road carrier is responsible for cargo up to SDR 8.33 per kilogram. It means that compensation under OCP for a lost laptop weighing 1.8 kilograms will amount to PLN 72. Similar limitations are also effective for railway, air and marine cargo transportation.
- Exclusion of liability in the general terms and conditions of insurance, for instance major violation of the provisions of the traffic code, losses caused by force majeure, loading and unloading of cargo. Claims related to the above-mentioned reasons will not be paid.
- Payment of compensation depends on conditions relating to the parking lot of a vehicle and the protection of a vehicle that must be fulfilled by the carrier.
- Long period of time until disbursement of compensation under professional liability policy.